Tuesday, July 9, 2013

-AUSTERITY- (AUSTERIDAD) POEM BY CARLOS MIJARES POYER

http://www.carlosmijarespoyer.blogspot.com


AUSTERITY

I lived in a mansion full of roses
dogs of guardian, valet of noses.

The world spun-eyeball unleashed
and I held a gun to my head.
Roses, I will never forget.

The clown called at my door
the midget cleaned my floor
write, he said, something will remain.

...The sea and its waves-black beetles on the sand.
The mountains I saved, a society
of misfits and pieces of meat with eyes.
The insane eyeing the sane-as they are all the same
I threw it all away,
I did no do it my way, I reckon.

The doors were many.
And no one had the last key.  The book of the World.

And if there is anything as sanity in this insane mundo
I want nothing of it...
but my last flowers to you.
And the empty pockets of my reason.

The spiral at the end of my scream.


written in Caracas, Venezuela by Carlos Mijares Poyer  10/04/05

No comments:

Post a Comment